's basic number format, kk? EVERYONE LOVES NUMBERS.
1. My mini-hiatus thing is over. It was spurred by a completely mad burst of creativity that had me doing nothing but, uh, well, creative stuff for a good two weeks and I couldn't be arsed to have a social life even online. Obsessive Aldi is obsessive. Anyway, I've finished a mural, I've cranked out a short piece of writing, and most importantly, in a bizarre development utterly at odds with all things to do with me and time management, I've finished my HoHoHo Fest assignment early
. I KNOW. On the more normal side of things, it needs massive amounts of editing, and since I loathe editing with the fiery power of a thousand suns, I'll probably still find myself the night before the deadline going "OH SHIT OH SHIT I HAVE NOT FIXED ANYTHING AND NOW THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME OH SHIT", so all will be as usual, I expect. BUT YES, YES, IT IS STRANGE AND UNSETTLING, I DO NOT GET THINGS DONE ON TIME, WTF. But I am just the tiniest bit chuffed about it. And I hope my giftee (??? is that the proper term for person receiving gift?) will like it. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
2. Summer is here YAYAYAYYAY. I walked all the way to town today (it's about 40 minutes along the bike path, which is an elevated lovely hike through the hills with lots of trees and meadows and yes, sheep) listening to music in the sun and then lazed around on the green near the cathedral and it was glorious
. I LOVE SUMMER.
3. One of the rose bushes that I planted about two years ago in the mad and over-optimistic notion that I might actually, you know, take care of them and that I then promptly left to wither and die, has suddenly decided to burst into bloom. The other one would usually come out with maybe... one tiny wee rose a year and I'd be all "o_O LOOK LOOK IT'S A FLOWER! AM MADLY TALENTED NURTURING EARTH MOTHER!" and this one literally hasn't done anything since I planted it other than sit there looking bare and sullen. Over the past months, it's randomly started growing like mad until it reached a freakish height, and right now it's ALL OVER roses as big as both of my hands together. They are dark red velvety and stunningly gorgeous and stunningly fragrant and I'd take a picture if the only camera we currently owned wasn't the one that Alsha's parents sent her for her birthday except then it took three months to arrive and by the time it *did* arrive she was in England so now I think it'd be tacky to play with her present before she gets back and can play with it herself, so there's no picture, just take my word for it, MY ROSES ARE GORGEOUS AND THIS IS EXCITING, OKAY. (wow, that was a tangenty sentence.)
4. Speaking of alsha
, yes, she is still gone and appears to be having a whale of a time (bizarre expression, surely). I miiiiiiiiiss her <333333
5. I need to watch my tendency to stick "<333333333333333333"s onto absolutely everything I say, lest it lose its significance, don'tcha know.
6. I am currently only sliiiightly inebriated but plan to be more so later, as I have pretty much been living on a diet of cider and strawberries. Wheeeeeeeee!
7. Was worried about having no work for a while, but I think/hope it's getting back to normal? I think I may have mentioned a time or fifty how vexing the flip-flop between "ARGH DYING UNDER MOUNTAINS OF WORK, CANNOT COPE" and "ARGH, WILL NEVER EVER GET WORK AGAIN AS LONG AS LIVE & PETS WILL STARVE & HOUSE WILL NEED TO BE SOLD & WILL NEED TO LIVE UNDER BRIDGE EXCEPT CANNOT ACTUALLY REMEMBER WHERE NEAREST BRIDGE IS" states of freelance employment is. Why does one not get paid for managing very hard task of, IDK, existing? Bah.
8. Birthday was fabulous explosion of love, including the sparkliest of greetings from Cologne (some of them complete with horrible fake Austrian accents, lololol <333333333333333333333). *squishes marvellous friends*
9. Still in cranky state of disenchantment with Show; on the upside, though, fiercely in love with fabulous canon-fixing fandom *cuddles it*
10. I HAVE NOTHING TO PUT HERE, I JUST WANTED A 10.
11. I have a sick craving for watching the Dawson's Creek finale *cackles madly* SHUP, IT TOTALLY MAKES ME CRY.
12. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
13. I thiiiiiiink
I am caught up with everything I meant to get caught up on IJ and neeeaaarly
there on LJ. If there is something that will crumple and die unless it is validated by a comment from me, please yell at me and point me at it!
14. *squishes f-list*
I am so way overdue an update and as usual I fail at structure, so I'm going to nab